Take back your rights!

Blog of personal philosophy, advocating liberty.

Friday, January 21, 2005

Pursuing happiness pursing liberty

Spouses and sweethearts of those of us who pursue liberty too often just don't understand.

"Politics!" they sneer, wanting us to devote our time to other matters, including, especially, themselves.

I suspect most of us pursuers actually hate politics. I know I'd much rather spend my time reading and listening to classical and/or Celtic music or watching classic movies (even if I do have to watch them on a channel owned by the loathesome Ted Turner).

Despite my druthers, I do spend a lot of my time messing around in and with (spit, spit) politics.

I do so because I want to be able to read, listen to music, and watch movies.

In other words, my hope is that, by working as hard as I can at reclaiming liberty, with the desire and expectation of eventual success, then I will be free, not only of political servitude, but to spend my own time in my own pursuits.

Granted the discussion of liberty-oriented philosophy is itself also a pleasant pastime, but the actual practice of politics is not necessarily so.

We need and want to get all our freedom-loving friends and allies and kinfolks to join us in pursuing liberty. We want them to join us only in part because we are tired of being lonely; we also want them to join us so we can win that much sooner, and then we can join them in those other pursuits, whatever they might be, our spouses and sweethearts prefer.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very good points. Keep it up.
    Sarah Jensen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home